January 21st, 2013
A friend of mine recently posted photos from a Soundgarden show on Instagram. She was excited to see photos of the Hudson River State Hospital Kirkbride appear on the screen behind the band while they played their new song Been Away Too Long. It turns out the building also makes a cameo in the song’s video. See above. Note that only exterior images of the Kirkbride appear. The interior scenes take place within a completely different building, probably not even on the former Hudson River State Hospital campus.
I like the fact that the Kirkbride’s being exposed to a lot of people who probably don’t already know about it. It’s too bad it’s in such a ruinous state, but I suppose that fits the theme of the video, so it probably wouldn’t have happened any other way.
- Hudson Redevelopment News July 25, 2008
- Hudson River Development March 13, 2008
- For Sale: Hudson River State Hospital April 28, 2012
- Kirkbrides HD July 31, 2012
- Referrer Referrals – Part I January 7, 2008