November 3rd, 2009
I haven’t been down to Taunton to see the old Kirkbride in a long time now. I wanted to pretend that the demolition going on there isn’t happening, and that the building is still standing untouched and quietly beautiful as ever. But of course I wasn’t going to be able to avoid reality forever thanks to the internet. Some photos of the demolition are available here: I Less-than-Heart Massachusetts. Although I suspect the writer’s claim to have taken the very last pictures of TSH may be a little premature, it does look like the Kirkbride is pretty close to being a memory, if it isn’t already.
- Demolition at Taunton State Hospital? December 26, 2008
- Worcester Clocktower Update January 23, 2012
- Wormtown Means Worcester March 22, 2008
- The Top 5 Kirkbride Buildings June 24, 2008
- Taunton Demolition to Begin Soon May 14, 2009