January 30th, 2008
There’s an article in The Birmingham News about a potential sale of Bryce Hospital. The adjoining University of Alabama is negotiating for the purchase of the property. Nothing’s definite yet, least of all the fate of the Kirkbride there, but there’s some worry that the building may be lost if the sale goes through. Hopefully preservation will win out, but unfortunately the odds aren’t in its favor if what’s happened to a few other Kirkbride buildings recently is anything to go by.
- Bryce Hospital in the News March 31, 2008
- Bryce Sale Approved January 4, 2010
- Federal Landmark Status for Bryce Possible August 8, 2008
- Bryce Hospital Cemetery Memorial April 9, 2010
- Doctor Bryce’s Hospital April 6, 2008