January 4th, 2010
Just before 2009 ended, Alabama’s board of mental health approved the sale of the Bryce Hospital campus to the University of Alabama. The university will pay $60 million for the property and Bryce Hospital will move to a new location within Tuscaloosa. According to the Associated Press, UA has “indicated it will maintain the nearly 150-year-old main building, which opened in 1861. The white structure is expected to be used by the university for office space and maintained as a museum.” Read more here: Sale of Bryce Hospital to the University of Alabama Approved.
- Bryce Kirkbride to House Museum? November 14, 2011
- Bryce Hospital in the News March 31, 2008
- Possible Sale of Bryce Hospital January 30, 2008
- Doctor Bryce’s Hospital April 6, 2008
- Federal Landmark Status for Bryce Possible August 8, 2008