January 24th, 2008
A little while back, someone from the Arkansas History Commission & State Archives informed me that there was once a Kirkbride at the state hospital in Little Rock. I had suspected that there was one there, but wasn’t sure until I got their email. The stunning building pictured above opened as the Arkansas Lunatic Asylum in 1883. Unfortunately, it was demolished in the 1960s. You can learn the asylum’s history at this web page which also includes a few more images. I’ve added Arkansas, and a few other lost Kirkbrides, to the list of demolished Kirkbrides.
- More Kirkbride Buildings April 2, 2008
- Even More Kirkbride Buildings July 16, 2008
- Independence State Hospital March 24, 2008
- Buffalo Historic Structures Report August 14, 2008
- Greystone Park January 29, 2008