February 25th, 2008
I can’t tell how old it is, but this article on the history of Saint Elizabeths on the National Museum of Civil War Medicine site is worth a look. Some of the info is pretty familiar, but this lithograph of the rear of the Kirkbride is something I’ve never seen before—and not a bad piece of work either.
It’s funny how almost every Kirkbride building has been drawn, painted, and photographed over its entire lifecycle, and that the photography done now is just a continuation of that historical record.
- Saint Elizabeths and the DHS January 8, 2009
- A Memorial for the Mentally Ill June 12, 2009
- DHS Headquarters Plan Approved January 10, 2009
- More Saint Elizabeths Images March 4, 2008
- Saint Elizabeths Walking Tour November 26, 2008