March 28th, 2008
Here’s a little update on the Fergus Falls Kirkbride building. Fergus Falls city politicians are asking the state government to exempt the former RTC campus from state property taxes. According to an article in the Fergus Falls Daily Journal (“RTC on Capitol Agenda“), the Fergus Falls mayor and a city council member were scheduled to present the request to the state this morning. It seems like only a small, sort of auxillary step towards preservation, but every little bit helps.
I haven’t heard anything lately about the proposed Chinese language and business studies college at Fergus Falls. I don’t know if that’s still a possibility for reuse of the Kirkbride or not. If anybody in the Fergus Falls area knows, please comment or send me an email. Thanks.
- Save the Fergus Falls Kirkbride May 5, 2012
- No Chinese School for Fergus Falls July 9, 2010
- Chinese Delegation Visits RTC June 2, 2008
- How Do You Say “Kirkbride Building” in Chinese? December 27, 2007
- This Place Matters May 16, 2011