September 9th, 2009
Chris Payne’s upcoming book Asylum: Inside the Closed World of State Mental Hospitals is available for pre-purchase on Amazon. In case you don’t know, Chris Payne has been taking fantastic photographs of state hospitals for many years now. Although we’ve never met in person, our paths have crossed a few times as we both travelled around the country visiting many of the same psychiatric hospitals. Mr. Payne, however, has visited more hospitals and taken more photos than I have—better quality photos too. I haven’t seen a copy yet, but I’m certain this book will be worth purchasing if you have any interest in asylums and asylum architecture. I’ll write more about it after I get a copy to look through. That will probably be some time in early October.
- The Buffalo Topeka Connection July 21, 2008
- New Book: Spring Grove State Hospital June 3, 2008
- Greystone Park January 29, 2008
- Clarinda State Hospital February 11, 2008
- The Kingston Lounge Presents: Buffalo State Hospital September 19, 2008